1. If not used properly, any heating device can let off a deadly, poisonous gas.
2. Over-the-counter medicines can't make anyone sick.
3. A neat home is a safer home.
4. Household insurance is only for people who own their homes.
5. Once it stops raining, it's safe to go out and mow the lawn with an electric mower.
6. Don't move an injured person unless you absolutely have to.
7. An emergency kit is good forever.
8. It's an old wives' tale that you shouldn't talk on the phone during an electric storm.
9. Keeping your home well lit can make it safer.
10. The majority of chemicals in your home are poisonous.