1. You can put out all fires with water.
2. You shouldn't store things in or around your stove.
3. Lamps can use any wattage light bulb.
4. Smoke detectors are of no value for people with hearing disabilities.
5. Not all clothing, bedding, and lampshades are fire-resistant.
6. 911 works everywhere.
7. Burns are not always caused by fire.
8. As long as you use extension cords, you can always plug more appliances into a socket.
9. It's safer to run electrical cords under the rug.
10. Smoking is the number one cause of fires.