The following is a list of the categories used in the Resource Database along with their definitions.
- Advocacy Groups: including intervention assistance.
- Children's Services: including child care facilities, Boy Scouts of America / Girl Scouts of America, services to teens.
- Counseling / Crisis Services: includes support groups, hotlines, domestic violence support, crisis intervention.
- Education: schools, training facilities, business development training, tutoring services.
- Employment Services: employment agency, job training.
- Family Services: including family planning, respite services, community [and religious] based outreach organizations, personal assistance services, food banks, pet services, related assistance.
- Financial Services: including budgeting assistance and organizations offering financial aid.
- Health Care Services: including medical services, hospitals, community clinics, mental health services, illness related education organizations, rehabilitation therapies.
- Housing Services: emergency housing and shelters, low income housing services.
- Legal Services: including juvenile legal services.
- Public Services: social security, food stamps, SSI, related benefits services, libraries, emergency services, public transportation, hospital transportation, public community centers, animal shelters and Chamber of Commerce.
- Recreation: leisure activities, parks, social activities, Special Olympics and camps.
- Senior Services: day care, assisted living, senior specific therapies, Alzheimer's support, employment services.
- Vendor / Disability: goods and services specific to the disability community including vehicle modification, durable goods and services, wheelchair repair.
- Veteran's Services: health care, rehabilitation, counseling.
Return to the Search the Resource Database page.